Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Interior Decorating

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 08-12-2009, 07:13 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

color theme

HELP!! I put chocolate brown and beige, sheer curtians in my living room, we have blue carpet and the walls are blue, need to repaint, but blue carpet to stay, what color paint could we do that goes with curtians and blue carpet?? ( keep in mind- i already have 2 rooms in the house that have brownish color so dont really want to make this one all brown too...) thanks any suggestions anyone???

CHURSTEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 08:53 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 10

color theme

What sort of blue is it? You can do the walls a lighter beige to brighten it and make it obvious it won't be a brown room. You can get additional curtain panels (or just hem some fabric, you have more options) the additional panels don't have to be sheer unless you prefer that look on the windows. The additional panels should incorporate the blue (different shades if you can), brown and beiges. This way the blue will be brought into the room and won't just look like a sea under your feet.

From there, throw some blue pillows with beige and/or brown banding OR you can get some brown and beige pillows and some WIDE ribbon with various blues and tie them around the pillows. You don't have to make it a bow, it can be a knot if you're more contemporary or modern.

I hope that helps a little.

chicuniques is offline   Reply With Quote