Forums | Home Repair | Home Improvement | Painting | Interior Decorating | Remodeling | Landscaping

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Interior Decorating

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 05-13-2009, 07:39 PM   #1

Share |

Color for drapery panels & fabric for chair?

In searching for idea for my room I can across this pic. My computer/bonus room is painted the same color (was this color when I bought it) and I have red sofas.

I have a window behind the love seat. What color drapery panels? Should I match the wall? Use a completely different color? Suggestions please.

Also I have a chair to recover. What do you think about this zebra chair? I thought animal prints were over done, but I have none in the house so this might be an easy way to go.

What do you think about the pop of turquoise? Should I use it as an accent or could you suggest something?
Attached Images

Italgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 12:25 AM   #2

I love the turquoise and chocolate brown combination. I don't know that it works as well with the addition of red and zebra print. It looks like a little too much is going on at once. I think you should focus on 2- 3 colours and work with them. Introducing too many colours or prints creates an unfocused room- sort of random and loses the contrast that is normally so effective.
juliebun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 02:24 AM   #3

I would say you go for a light printed one instead choosing solid dark colors for your curtains. You can select red and turquoise printed ones to co ordinate with the room decor'.

Dana
Dana11 is offline   Reply With Quote