Circus Themed Playroom For Granchildren - Interior Decorating - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Interior Decorating

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 05-04-2007, 03:19 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Circus Themed Playroom for Granchildren

Hi,

I'm a newbie. I want to create a circus themed playroom/bedroom for my 9 month old grandaughter and my grandson due in July. Does anyone have any ideas or can you direct to some sites. I would really appreciate any input.

Thanks,
Teresa

Advertisement

hooksdayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 04:04 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 250

No clowns...They scare the crap out of me.

You could make plywood cut outs of horses and such to create a carousel (sp?)....merry go round thingy...it might be fun for you to do all the painting.

Advertisement

send_it_all is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 04:40 PM   #3

That's the problem I'm having, some of the things I've are kind of bold and scary, especially for small children. I want to use a softer pallette. Do you know where I could find some patterns or large stencils for the painting and cut outs?
Old 05-04-2007, 04:53 PM   #4

Rewards Points: 250

I sure don't. You might be able to look up some pics online, then put them on a cd. Then take the cd to a copy place and have them printed and enlarged.
send_it_all is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 11:11 AM   #5

I did'nt think of that. Great Idea.

Thanks!!!!!
Old 05-09-2007, 09:35 AM   #6

Rewards Points: 150

Get yourself a box of "Barnum's Animal Crackers". Use that for the color scheme.
Old 07-07-2007, 09:30 PM   #7
Project Woman

Think balloons and circus tents. I like finding a great fabric and pulling a motif from the design. It's easier than doing a design and finding that no one ever made a fabric that will work - in which solid colors become the only game in town. You could make it really simple with a plan for adding clowns and other critters later. That way the room can grow with them. If you paint a tent on the wall, you can apply real streamers. If you keep that in mind for anything you approach, the door is open for creativity. I did rainbows and hot air balloons in my nieceling's room (that would be the daughter of a niece) and applied a real 4 inch basket to the wall as the balloon basket, with a bunny in it (she's nuts for bunnies). I did clouds and tropical jungle for a young teen and glued a plush colorful very funny parrot to the ceiling as in flight. It's just enough to catch you by surprise.

Advertisement

Eva Wild is offline   Reply With Quote