Bookshelves On The Wall - Interior Decorating - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Interior Decorating

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 06-22-2009, 03:02 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

bookshelves on the wall

Hi all
I would like to install two sets of wall mounted bookshelves for my young kids at their play room. I don't do home improvement often and am a sigle mother, so this question might be silly. Where should I buy the materail as the attached picture. Is that hard for me to do it by myselves.

Thank you for your reading and replys.

Margaret
Attached Thumbnails
bookshelves on the wall-mounted-wall-bookshelves.jpg  

Advertisement

pandagirlw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 03:14 PM   #2
Experienced goon

Rewards Points: 75

bookshelves on the wall

Home Depot or Lowes will have all that you need for that. The vertical pieces that the brackets attach to are called standards. Brackets are brackets. Shelves are shelves. Attach the standards to studs in your wall.

Advertisement

jpelzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 03:24 PM   #3

bookshelves on the wall

Thank you very much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpelzer View Post
Home Depot or Lowes will have all that you need for that. The vertical pieces that the brackets attach to are called standards. Brackets are brackets. Shelves are shelves. Attach the standards to studs in your wall.
Old 09-06-2009, 10:40 PM   #4

bookshelves on the wall

I have a question. Do you see the looped brackets that go into the standards? They are inbetween the shelf brackets, and it looks like they're there so that the books don't fall off the side. What are those called, or where can I get them? I've been looking all over the place, and I would like something exactly like those.
handoferebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 09:35 AM   #5

bookshelves on the wall

I would like to buy those looped brackets too, but I didn't find them. I built two sets shelves eventually. I bought all the material from home depot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by handoferebus View Post
I have a question. Do you see the looped brackets that go into the standards? They are inbetween the shelf brackets, and it looks like they're there so that the books don't fall off the side. What are those called, or where can I get them? I've been looking all over the place, and I would like something exactly like those.
Attached Thumbnails
bookshelves on the wall-ashleys-shelf.jpg   bookshelves on the wall-joshuas-shelf.jpg  
Old 09-21-2009, 04:31 PM   #6
Remodeler

Rewards Points: 75

bookshelves on the wall

Quote:
Originally Posted by handoferebus View Post

Have you looked on Amazon.com?

I'm not positive if these will work for you, but check them out:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...d_i=B0006FKOI2

http://www.amazon.com/Bookend-Heavy-.../dp/B0006FKOI2

I would expect Home Depot to sell them where they have the brackets and shelves, but I haven't looked.

Advertisement

KlintP is offline   Reply With Quote