Forums | Home Repair | Home Improvement | Painting | Interior Decorating | Remodeling | Landscaping

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Interior Decorating

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 06-25-2012, 11:02 PM   #1

Share |

Best place to buy simple picture frames

I am looking to recreate this look from Restoration Hardware above the bed in one of our bedrooms. I have already purchased a very antique music book and am just looking for some reasonable frames, rather than overpaying to have them framed. I would like something just very similar to what's pictured here. Everything I find is either black or too fancy. Please advise. Thanks!

http://www.restorationhardware.com/c...egoryId=search
smokey847 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 07:46 AM   #2

Any Dollar store, Wall-Mart, Target, Garden Ridge, Ben Franklin, Michels, ECT. all have them

Check to see if there's a Garden Ridge store near by. There frame and picture selection is huge.
joecaption is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 09:28 AM   #3
Too Short? Cut it Again!

Thrift store frames and a can of spray paint can often produce nice results.

You can also make your own from simple molding. You will need a miter box, some glue, a right angle clamp and some brads. Usually stores like mentioned will have them ready made cheaper though.
user1007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 10:49 AM   #4

I recommend Michael's over the other choices. They have nicer frames that are often on sale for 20% off or if they still have the 40% off one item coupons you can get nice frames very reasonably. Also Big Lots has frames, sometimes I buy a picture that has a nice frame and just replace the picture.
EMD360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 08:19 PM   #5

I agree with sdsester. I would hit the thrift stores asap. They have good quality framing at really great prices.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
yummy mummy is offline   Reply With Quote