Bathroom Renovation - Interior Decorating - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Interior Decorating

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 09-28-2008, 01:52 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

bathroom renovation

I need help in finding the right type of sconces for my mirrors
My renovations are coming along, but i'm stuck at this point!!
I have a wall to wall mirror about 75" wide and 54" long.I have 2 spots for lights right on the mirror.My counter top is a linen and brown granite with espresso color cabinets, I have beige tiles throughout ( floor and matching wall) with glass tile and molded tiles for the border.The lighting is all pot lights. I would like something striking for the vanity. All my fixtures are brushed nickel finish.
HELP!!!
Thank you.

Advertisement

Last edited by bets14; 11-01-2008 at 05:58 PM. Reason: new idea
bets14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 12:57 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 250

bathroom renovation

Take the tile up to a spot that looks right for you, but focus on aligning it with say the top of the vanity or a certain distance above the tub, so there is symmetry and reason to the design. For the countertop, how about a cream to brown pattern that pulls in the other colors?

Advertisement

Allison1888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 07:27 AM   #3

bathroom renovation

Hi there, that’s exquisiteness fixtures you demonstrate in fact that’s a stunning design.

Last edited by AtlanticWBConst.; 10-09-2008 at 07:39 AM. Reason: SITE RULES VIOLATION: Sales Solicitation Removed
davidhussey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 03:59 PM   #4

bathroom renovation

Wow, I agree.. . wonderful colors and design! I second the cream/off-white color suggestion. . .I think it'll bridge the colors in your bathroom beautifully!

Last edited by AtlanticWBConst.; 10-30-2008 at 09:59 PM. Reason: Web Link Removed
mandarinmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 11:04 PM   #5
wilderstyle

Rewards Points: 75

bathroom renovation

Colors sound good. Blend the counter with the other colors.. cabinet, floor and walls. There are a couple brown/black/tan mixtures that would look great or go total neutral with a creamy color. Granite can have movement so go look at big pieces before you decide. A little tile doesn't compute to the grand scale. As for how far to tile. The rule of thumb is.... use your natural stops. Don't stop in the middle of a wall. If you tile around the tub extend to the stop of the tub edge or one tile further. If you have a doorway or a cabinet, those are natural stops. The eye follows whatever the continuum is. I hope I didn't confuse you. Do you have pics? Usually you do back splash area 3 to 8 inches around the counter top and around the bathing area just past the edge of the shower or tub. You can do half walls but be careful not to overtile and have no wall color areas. Also edge pieces for stops are the most expensive.
wilderstyle is offline   Reply With Quote