Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Interior Decorating

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 12-03-2011, 09:46 PM   #1

Share |

Bathroom decorating help

I have a 5x8 interior bathroom that needs help. The toilet, sink, tub and surround are kohler dusty rose. The floor is a light gray tile as is the custom laminate vanity. The entire wall behind the sink and toilet is a mirror with a chrome strip vanity light above. The shower handle and sink faucet are single handled chrome circa 1985. I am looking for paint color suggestions as well as suggestions for the shower curtain and towels. The towel racks mounted on the wall and the tp holder are clear plastic. I am on a very limited budget.

felinesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 09:49 PM   #2

Bathroom decorating help

picture please....my wife is interior decorator...

ben's plumbing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 11:34 AM   #3
Stuck in the 70's

Bathroom decorating help

I would suggest, having no pictures to go by, to first find an awesome shower curtain that complements the fixtures, and then pull your paint and towel colors from it.
Blondesense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 07:32 PM   #4
Dytecture

Bathroom decorating help

I would paint the walls white, but dress up the bathroom with accessories and door. Dark green and pink work well together.
Attached Thumbnails
Bathroom decorating help-pink-bath.jpg  
dytecture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 12:29 PM   #5
Stuck in the 70's

Bathroom decorating help

Blondesense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 02:24 PM   #6

Bathroom decorating help

If you want some basic easy ideas and if the bathroom is small ....
Go with cool colors, such as greens or blues or light hues of aqua with white trim .... these are basics for bathrooms, because they always work! Accessories are easy to find in these colors, and you won't have to go hunting around in expensive specialty shops to match up a more difficult color.
If you need simple, keep it simple .... but nice. White and blue always look clean together.
natwlsn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 05:40 PM   #7
Learning Things Every Day

Bathroom decorating help

Quote:
Originally Posted by libbyxo View Post
I agree a nice shower curtain and a towel rack fixture with new towels placed upon it can make a big difference to your bathroom. Purchase a bathroom mat to go with your towels. Also little bathroom accessories such as a soap holder, tooth brush holder can also make a difference.
Try combining a few small inexpensive changes and hopefully they will all add up to give your bathroom a whole new look.
I agree completely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondesense View Post
+1
Old 12-20-2011, 05:54 PM   #8
WindowTreatment Installer

Bathroom decorating help

What is that in the shower stall. Don't know whether to paint or kill it.
bobtheblindguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 11:05 PM   #9

Bathroom decorating help

By utilizing a few bathroom decorating ideas like placing new towel rings and soap dishes in a bathroom, you are certain to give your bathroom’s decor a new lease on life that will change it from an ordinary place into one of stunning beauty. Then you will have a warm and inviting space that is sure to improve the overall ambiance of your home.
Yanira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 04:57 AM   #10

Location: Crusader House 2nd Floor 145 157 St Johns Street London UK

Bathroom decorating help

The sink should be placed at the corner of the bathroom to have more storage and make it functional.If you use solid color ceramic bathroom floor tile in your bathroom, you can add tile borders of a different color to the tile floor, or you can create a border by alternating different colors. This kind of visual treatment can create a more interesting bathroom floor.
fangeos2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 01:20 AM   #11

Location: Crusader House 2nd Floor 145 157 St Johns Street London UK
Smile

Bathroom decorating help

There are so many different choices under the umbrella term used for contemporary bathroom vanities that it is vital that you are a little more specific with your request.They can be sort of plain looking they can add a lot of character to a bathroom. Consider it a face-lift for your bathroom. Because the vanity is something that will receive a lot of attention it is important to make sure that you are going with the best bet.
fangeos2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 12:41 PM   #12

Bathroom decorating help

A picture would be nice so that I could get a visual. Bathrooms can be easy most of the time. You can get away with doing lots of great pastels.
bikerpowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 09:48 PM   #13

Bathroom decorating help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondesense View Post
this x3.
Fix'n it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 09:42 PM   #14

Bathroom decorating help

I feel you, sister!! This last house we bought had a grey and dark blue tile floor, yellow and blacn tiles, and a teal sink top!!! I was luckier than you because at least my tub and toliet where white.
Why don't you just paint it lite grey? It's a pretty color. It goes well with pink. If you use a shower liner, you don't HAVE to buy a shower curtain. You can go to a fabric store and pick out some material with greys and pinks in it, maybe a paisley, and you can use fabric bond to base the seams and top and bottom if you don't sew, and use those handy little clips to attach them, or you can loop some ribbon or sew on the rings. You could also use some inexpensive sheers if you need this to be a low budget as well.Long before they started making Christmas shower curtain, I did this exact thing with material from the fabric store for years.
I wouldn't put a contrasting color on the walls because the room is small and it will look too busy, and smaller. If you have an Anna's Linens near you they have some sheers that are white with grey in them for less than $10, and you will need two. A thick dark grey rug and I think it it look as good as you can make it without changing out everything.
I'd invest a few dollars in a new light fixture. You can replace it for $20-35 if you look around. You may want to look at something like craigslist. One womans trash.......
Good luck!!!

Janetp is offline   Reply With Quote