1BR Part Time For Adult, Part Time For Toddler - Interior Decorating - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Interior Decorating

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 08-28-2014, 10:24 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

1BR Part time for Adult, Part time for Toddler

Hi,

I am going through a separation and will move into a 1BR (it's all I can afford at the moment given all the expenses, etc)

does anyone have any design/furniture thoughts on the best way to share a 1BR

and by "share" - i mean i will simply give my 2.5yr old daughter the bedroom on the days that i have her (which will be roughly 50% of the time, as we plan to do joint custody, so it's not like the occasional weekend here and there)

i was debating between a regular adult bed (and putting some side guards on it)
or maybe getting a trundle bed

but on days she's not there, i don't want it to feel too girlie or kiddie

any feedback is appreciated, thank you

a.r.

Advertisement

abulr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 11:13 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 2,360

1BR Part time for Adult, Part time for Toddler

Sorry you're going through such a tough time.

I suggest getting a double bed, or larger if you want. A trundle bed, like you suggested, might be nice too as she might feel safer if her daddy is in the same room as her - with it being a new apartment that she's not used to.

You can use neutral colors for the bedding and other things in the room that will make her feel comfortable. But when she's not there, it won't look like a little girls room. White sheets, pillow cases, comforter, etc. will be fine for a man but add a couple little purple or pink throw pillows and blankets for her. When she's not there, you can set them in the closet.

You can also use something as simple as a laundry basket to keep on the floor for her toys & dolls. That can go in the closet when she's not home too.

You wouldn't really need to put side guards on the bed if you get a couple body pillows - one for each side. I think that's what they're called. Pretty soon she won't need side guards anyway.

Best of luck with everything.

Advertisement

Last edited by gma2rjc; 08-30-2014 at 11:17 PM.
gma2rjc is offline   Reply With Quote