Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Flooring

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 08-18-2011, 08:44 AM   #1

Share |

Worth of Cork Floors

I'm the gal who just bought the second floor condo.I thought maybe cork flooring would be the answer to new floor with sound proofing.i started reading that for resale,hard wood and ceramic (or porcelain)is the way to go for good resale.Is there beautiful cork flooring?I didn't see any that I liked in the Big Box stores or the one small floor store,but online I saw dark cork planks 12" x 18".Anybody actually see beautiful cork in real life?Would it solve my problem?

lorra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 09:19 AM   #2
the Musigician

Worth of Cork Floors

Cork is an excellent choice for your needs.
Yes, there is beautiful cork flooring available. Tons of colors and patterns, even some that looks like wood! Search the web for " wood grained cork flooring " and see!

DM

Old 08-18-2011, 10:02 AM   #3

Worth of Cork Floors

Buy what you will enjoy. If you decide on cork, i am sure there will be a buyer out there that would appreciate that choice of yours.

Whenever i do something to my house, the contractors or my family may say something like, it does nothing for the resale, or it will help. Frankly i am getting tired of hearing it. I want to do what i want to enjoy my house. Especially since ithinkit will be a very long time, or never, before i sell it. Why is resale always in the forethought of peoples minds? Enjoy where you live.
howdihi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to howdihi For This Useful Post:
bbo (08-18-2011), oh'mike (08-18-2011)
Old 08-18-2011, 06:38 PM   #4

Worth of Cork Floors

Try this site

http://www.amcork.com
woodman58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 09:10 PM   #5

Worth of Cork Floors

I checked everything u suggested.Good stuff.Actually before I knew all of this second floor condo junk,I wanted to put in Ceramic tile.I saw gorgeous 18" on sale near the condo.How would I do this?What kind of sound proofing underlayment could I use?Thank goodness we don't close before the end of Aug.My mind is in overdrive.We're painting cabinets white.Knocking down some walls.Who thought I'd be hung up on the floor.That's always been an easy choice.
Old 08-19-2011, 06:27 PM   #6

Worth of Cork Floors

I guess u really have to love this material.I don't. I want my second floor condo to look like a beachside cottage.I checked out all types of Cork flooring at a flooring store.No shine or glamour.We're doing porcelain tile.Porcelain/ceramic loses its veneer when scratched,porcelain doesn't.