Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Flooring

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 08-07-2009, 05:49 AM   #1

Share |

woodstove hearthpad on laminate floor?

Going to get a woodstove put in in the next few weeks. Where it's going currently has laminate flooring that's still in pretty good shape, so I'm reluctant to cut into the laminate to remove it for hearthpad placement, especially since I may take the stove with me when I move. And because I will probably want to take the stove and pad with me, I'd like to protect and preserve the flooring under the hearthpad.

I'm thinking of building a hearthpad, probably 3/4 OSB, maybe with a 2x2 or 2x4 frame underneath, wonderboard, and some sort of inexpensive non-flammable something on top. But there's also the possibility I'll run out of time and just buy a hearthpad.

So what should I put between the hearthpad and the laminate floor to protect the laminate floor?

jeauxbleaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 07:46 AM   #2

woodstove hearthpad on laminate floor?

doesn't matter.. even if you don't scratch it, there will be discoloration that will be noticeable when you remove your stove...

Tags
floor, hearth, laminate, woodstove