DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum (
-   Flooring (
-   -   Wood flooring with round pegs identification (

Hestonian 08-03-2013 03:13 PM

Wood flooring with round pegs identification
1 Attachment(s)
Hi everyone,

Just joined, with this being my first post. I'm hoping to learn a lot here.
I recently bought a cabin that was built in the 70s. I would like to extend the existing wood flooring into the living room area (after removing the wall that separates the dining from the living room). If anyone could identify the flooring, AND let me know if it's even available for purchase anywhere, I would appreciate it.
The planks have widths of 3", 5", and 7". Their length varies. I've seen flooring online with smaller square pegs, but not with the round pegs that my flooring has.
Thanks so much!

oh'mike 08-03-2013 05:15 PM

That looks like a Bruce product from the mid 1970s---I haven't seen that for a long time---

RoyalAcresRod 08-03-2013 05:27 PM

Boy, that took this Oklahoman back to growing up in Massachusetts in the 60s. Our home had that flooring.

I don't know why I remember, but I do recall that it was a Bruce floor, as Mike says.

Hestonian 08-03-2013 06:04 PM

Thanks so much! I'll start checking Bruce websites to see if anything looks similar.

sporter5 04-16-2014 01:25 PM

hardwoods with round pegs
This is the exact flooring I have and need to replace a board. Did you ever find where to get it?

gregzoll 04-16-2014 03:44 PM

Sporter5, you are commenting to what is called a "Zombie" post. It is one that has been brought back to life, that the OP that started it. Will probably never see your post, that pulled the original one from the grave.

de-nagorg 04-16-2014 04:10 PM

Since they only posted twice over a eight months ago it is doubtful that they will ever see this new question, so you might take up the search yourself with the clues that was offered them.

I too had seen that flooring thirty+ years ago, but have not seen it recently.

And good luck with your search.


sporter5 04-16-2014 04:25 PM

Thanks, Bruce floors says they don't have any with pegs. The house is around 30 years old. Still looking.

de-nagorg 04-16-2014 04:34 PM

They might have discontinued the line many years ago.

Your next best chance is to go to a local flooring showroom, find the oldest salesman there ask them if they remember this stuff, and know where to get it still, or find an older installer of flooring, and ask the same thing.

It is obviously made, and someone has to have sold it, installed it or bought it. at sometime in the past, so there might be some in some ones old warehouse, somewhere.

Persistence pays off often just keep at it.


oh'mike 04-16-2014 07:23 PM

You could use a plain board and add your own pegs--plug cutters are available in the home Depot---a scrap of walnut is all you need---

I added plugs like that as details on a recent floor---(used them on the picture framed area around the tiled entryway) they looked great--

shepshark 05-08-2014 11:46 PM

wow..i too am searching for the same flooring. any luck on finding it since last post?

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:24 AM.

vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1