Forums | Home Repair | Home Improvement | Painting | Interior Decorating | Remodeling | Landscaping


Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Flooring

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-18-2007, 07:25 PM   #1
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 729
Share |
Default

Wood flooring help...


Hi guys, I am wondering how long can one keep wood flooring inside a house, in there orginal boxes? I was just wondering HD keeps there floors for a while stack up, and so does many large improvement centers, and its pretty hot inside theses home centers. Thanks so much.

helpless handyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 07:31 PM   #2
Lic. Builder/GC/Remodeler
 
AtlanticWBConst.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: New England
Posts: 7,556
Default

Wood flooring help...


Quote:
Originally Posted by helpless handyman View Post
Hi guys, I am wondering how long can one keep wood flooring inside a house, in there orginal boxes? I was just wondering HD keeps there floors for a while stack up, and so does many large improvement centers, and its pretty hot inside theses home centers. Thanks so much.
Read this link:

http://www.woodfloorsonline.com/tech...oodwater3.html

AtlanticWBConst. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 08:18 PM   #3
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 729
Default

Wood flooring help...


Thanks Alantic West Construction for the link, but I want to hear it from installers like you!
helpless handyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 09:39 PM   #4
Lic. Builder/GC/Remodeler
 
AtlanticWBConst.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: New England
Posts: 7,556
Default

Wood flooring help...


Quote:
Originally Posted by helpless handyman View Post
Thanks Alantic West Construction for the link, but I want to hear it from installers like you!
Simply put: Allow a minimum of 4 days to acclimate. If you are nervous about the storage prior to delivery...allow 7 days to put your mind at ease. Make sure that you spread the flooring out in the area to be installed (not stacked up). Keep the temperature at the level you are going to keep it at when the space is completed and 'lived-in'.
AtlanticWBConst. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 09:32 AM   #5
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 729
Default

Wood flooring help...


Alantic West, thanks. My question is I have a pallet of wood floors that was delivered to the house, and I won't be able to install for at least 2 weeks. The boxes state store wood floors between 60-80F, I have the house thermostat set at 70 degrees, will this floor get ruined if left in there boxes for 2 weeks? I got a good deal and had to grab the flooring. Thanks so much.
helpless handyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 09:40 AM   #6
Lic. Builder/GC/Remodeler
 
AtlanticWBConst.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: New England
Posts: 7,556
Default

Wood flooring help...


Quote:
Originally Posted by helpless handyman View Post
Alantic West, thanks. My question is I have a pallet of wood floors that was delivered to the house, and I won't be able to install for at least 2 weeks. The boxes state store wood floors between 60-80F, I have the house thermostat set at 70 degrees, will this floor get ruined if left in there boxes for 2 weeks? I got a good deal and had to grab the flooring. Thanks so much.

HH, should be fine....
AtlanticWBConst. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 10:14 AM   #7
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 729
Default

Wood flooring help...


Thanks Alantic West
helpless handyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 11:36 AM   #8
Member
 
Floorwizard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Alaska!
Posts: 1,522
Default

Wood flooring help...


I came too late I guess, but I still agree nevertheless.

didn't mean to rhyme
Floorwizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 01:24 PM   #9
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 729
Default

Wood flooring help...


Thanks Florcraft
helpless handyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 08:53 PM   #10
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 729
Default

Wood flooring help...


I am wondering what's the name for the bullnose trim that goes around the stairs, so that the wood floor could be butted in to?

helpless handyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Wood Flooring etc emptee A Flooring 1 08-15-2007 10:57 PM
Wood flooring in basement DIY4EVER Flooring 9 07-20-2007 01:04 PM
Removing Wood Flooring - Cutting Close to the Edge of the Wall rgmetro Flooring 2 07-12-2007 06:21 AM
wood laminate flooring in kitchen kjacobson Flooring 11 02-17-2007 02:20 PM
wood flooring over slab foundation la15ota Flooring 3 03-25-2006 02:49 PM




Top of Page | View New Posts

Copyright © 2003-2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.