DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

Wood Floor in my new shed

6K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Tess 
#1 ·
Hello everyone,

I just recently had a shed built by Agway in my town that im going to use to store my Honda Goldwing, a garden tractor, and a push mower in. I'm concerned with the wood floor in it getting ruined from moisture from tires, oil(hopefully not from the wing:)) and grass clippings. My question is what if anything should I use on the floor to seal or protect it from those things? My original thought was the coating for garage floors however that apparently won't adhere to wood, so my next thought was to use Thompsons water sealant and then apply floor paint on top of that with some sand mixed in for traction. My wifes uncle that owns a gypsum flooring business said that he didnt think it was a good idea because it would trap moisture underneath the shed and the floor would rot from the bottom up. I have looked into that rubbery/vinyl flooring for garages however I'm not really ok with sinking another $500 into this shed if i dont have to. The shed is built on 4X4s and is sitting on part of my gravel driveway.

Thanks in advance.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.