Who To Waterproof Concrete Roof Deck - Flooring - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Flooring

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 02-27-2010, 01:22 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

who to waterproof concrete roof deck

Above the concrete ceiling of my attached garage (slabs as far as I can tell from visible joints) is a 3-4 in thick concrete deck floor. 4 in at the house wall that contains the door that accesses the roof deck and 3in away from it, so that water flows away from the house into a gutter. This concrete layer looks like it contains quite a bit of gravel or alike. My problem: if there is a lot of rain I get some water dropping from the garage ceiling. How can I treat the surface of the roof deck so that it becomes water proof? What about the Thompson Concrete sealer from Home Depot? After water proofing, I'm thinking of possibly putting wood tiles on top, the kind that sits on a plastic grid and water will get below the tiles. Any suggestions are highly welcome. Thanks!

Advertisement

flitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 09:40 AM   #2

Rewards Points: 2,468

who to waterproof concrete roof deck

this is twice get some gulf synthetics stuff - e me if you can't find it locally - great warranty, easier on your tootsies, easy to apply, ANY color your little heart desires !

ixnay on ANYTHING from the apron stores

Advertisement

stadry is offline   Reply With Quote