What Is This And Where Can I Buy More? - Flooring - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Flooring


Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2014, 06:41 AM   #1
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 3
Rewards Points: 10

What is this and where can I buy more?

We put laminate flooring down. In the kitchen and hall, there are step downs into another room. The subfloor is too thick to use the stair nosing that coordinates with the laminate floor. See below:


When we removed the old floor, there was a long piece of oak trim the did the job perfect. Below you can see what we removed:

I need to buy more of it -- this piece is cracked and I need a second segment for the other step-down.

The interior dimensions of this piece are 2"x1.5" I thought it was called "outside corner moulding" but I can't find outside corner moulding that is this large. Do I have the right name for it?


Any ideas where I can buy more of this? Or an alternative way to finish these step downs? We were going to shave off the top of a bunch of laminate boards and "face" the exposed subfloor edge, and then use the coordinating nosing, but that just seems like a lot of work.

Thoughts? THANKS!!


lindentree27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 06:47 AM   #2
Doer of Many Things
poppameth's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Staunton, VA
Posts: 1,181
Rewards Points: 530

What is this and where can I buy more?

That is a stair nose for hardwood flooring. Most flooring stores should be able to get them for you. You can also have a local mill shop make exactly what you need.


Darkling Designs
poppameth is offline   Reply With Quote

flooring , laminate

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Top of Page | View New Posts