Forums | Home Repair | Home Improvement | Painting | Interior Decorating | Remodeling | Landscaping

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Flooring

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 01-11-2012, 05:22 PM   #1

Share |

What type of Stainable Concrete Filler Should I Use?

I'm planning to dye or stain my 85 year old basement concrete floor. I rented a grinder last weekend and did a decent job smoothing it. There are a few unsightly pits and holes that I would like to fill prior to dying the surface. I want to use a filler material that will still absorb the concrete stain when I apply it so I don't want to use anything non-porous or moisture resistant like an epoxy filler. I was thinking about just getting a tub of premixed concrete from HD. I have used it before and it's nice to work with and is convenient for filling small spaces since I don't have to waste a lot of material mixing large volume of dry mix. I would like to know if there are any other recommended stainable compounds for filling small pits and cracks in concrete.

Thanks in advance, VC

vcheez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 12:41 PM   #2

Hey Guys,

I'm just bumping my thread since I have not received any replies yet. I'm looking for some advice about concrete fillers that will absorb stain

vcheez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 04:23 PM   #3

Hi there. I wish I had an answer for you. I'm looking for the same. Do you have any viable solution yet? Let me know if you find anything out anyone. I'm currently working on a similar project.
njebudalla is offline   Reply With Quote