DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

What to do with this transition?

2K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  Awoodfloorguy 
#1 · (Edited)
What's the general practice for a transition like this? The two pictures are opposite sides of the edge of a bath alcove. I am laying tile and the other room will be carpet. Should I figure for the width of a transition strip or can I just put the transition midway. Should I try to make the transition even with the outer wall edge?

See photo's next post

#4 ·
placement

Yes, but where would you locate it? Should the transition edge line up even with the edge of the wall.

Marble sounds good but this home doesn't require that level of finish. Should I even worry about a strip? The carpet guy can just butt up to it right?

#5 ·
Nothing fancy or expencive about a marble transition. Any Lowes or HD will stock it in the flooring dept.
Yes it comes out even with the walls.

#7 ·
Where?? not what!

Thanks guys but my question is directed more to where the transition should be located in this situation. Am I guessing right, just put it midway down the wall, or should I try and line the edge with the corner? I put the tape measure there so you can specify you're opinion.

Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.