DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

what brand of diamond blade

4K views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  DangerMouse 
#1 ·
I need to cut porcelian tiles, just wondering what brand of blade will make the cleanest cut and will last the longest. a good portion of my cuts will not be hidden by base, so i need crisp clean chip free cuts if possible. i have about a hundred or more cuts to make. thanks:wink:

#2 ·
Unfortunately these days all of the old trusted labels have jumped on the "cheap diamond blade" wagon. They all sell good blades and they also sell crap. Stay away from Tool Shop and Chicago Pneumatic and all those discount blades. There are some huge rip offs out there these days from almost all the big names.

Here's what I'll suggest:

http://www.patriotdiamond.com

Call and talk to Richard and he'll put you a blade in the mail same day. You'll probably pay around eighty bucks for a quality professional (10") blade from him. I think he'll ship for free.

#7 ·
the Dewalt DW4766 or the Alpha Porcellana are a couple of blades i have seen suggestions on. i just tried the dewalt blade worked like crap, chipped all the way thru a 12" black porcelian tile. started out with a chip and chipped again at the end. :furious::furious::furious::furious:

#13 ·
Curious, is this going to be used in a wet saw (and are the suggestions listed for wet saws)?

My dad has a wet saw I was going to use for my upcoming porcelain tile job, but I was wondering if a 4 1/2" diamond blade in my angle grinder would work okay to make dry cuts in the tile. As far as I know all cut edges will be hidden by either base shoe, door casing, or appliances, so I don't think chipping would be an issue if the chips aren't too large.

This post has been deleted
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.