Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Flooring

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 11-03-2007, 06:06 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

What is the best brand of laminate wood flooring

I am looking for some expert advise on the best brand of laminate wood flooring. I would like it to look as close to real wood as possible, and of course have great durrability. I have seen several brands that look very fake, the exact look I don't want. I'd rather spend more money once to buy a product I like, than to buy some crap product that I will just end up ripping out and replacing anyway. All help is greatly appreciated.

powerline21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 06:51 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 25

If anyone knew the answer to that question, all the manf. would be out of business. It all depends on what you figure is good looking. I just bought 1000 sq ft of laminate flooring today cause we both liked the look of it. It does look like real wood but if you get down on your knees you will know that it is a laminate product. So shop around and if you check on the net a few companys will send u 5 samples free.

TNRocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 11:42 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 1,000

Check out Quickstep's line. they have a decent product with a great locking system...and their visuals are nice.

Armstrong has come up with some newer interesting stuff. Also is a solid product.
Floorwizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 05:51 AM   #4
Lic. Builder/GC/Remodeler

Rewards Points: 2,000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florcraft View Post
Check out Quickstep's line. they have a decent product with a great locking system...and their visuals are nice.

Armstrong has come up with some newer interesting stuff. Also is a solid product.
I also agree about the Quickstep suggestion ...
AtlanticWBConst. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 06:49 AM   #5
FloorPro

I carry just about all lines of laminate flooring. While Quick-Step is an excellent choice, I think that Wilsonart Red Label and the Berry Floor Line more closely resemble real wood. Either would be an excellent choice as well as the Quick-Step. We have had vitually no complaints with either.
jerryb48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 05:13 PM   #6

I appriciate all the great advise. It definately helps to have a good starting point, with all of the different choices of laminate flooring that are out there.
powerline21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 04:33 PM   #7

I did a search but found no mention of the brand I'm looking at installing in my kitchen, foyer, sunroom, and a hallway. Does anyone know anything about Westhollow? Specifically their True Woods Collection?

Last edited by frankthetoad; 03-23-2008 at 04:54 PM.
frankthetoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 08:47 PM   #8
Wood Flooring & Carpentry

Add me to the list of pro's that recommend Quick Step.
lawndart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 02:21 PM   #9

Probably your best bet would be to search around and either manually or digitally look at some products. Depending on what you're looking for (Such as the quickstep everyone is raving about), the "real wood" appearance is certainly available.

In my infinite availability... Quick Step Honey Red Oak
jordand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 02:28 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordand View Post
Probably your best bet would be to search around and either manually or digitally look at some products. Depending on what you're looking for (Such as the quickstep everyone is raving about), the "real wood" appearance is certainly available.
Searching has been difficult. The only place that actually has much to say about Westhollow is the only retailer that sells it...iF. We love the color and price of the one we've found, I just want to make sure that I'm getting a quality product. Namely, is their click system good, will it stand the test of time, etc.
Old 03-24-2008, 02:39 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankthetoad View Post
Searching has been difficult. The only place that actually has much to say about Westhollow is the only retailer that sells it...iF. We love the color and price of the one we've found, I just want to make sure that I'm getting a quality product. Namely, is their click system good, will it stand the test of time, etc.
I can sympathize. Have you found anything comparable in other brands, or was the style you're looking for only available in Westhallow? If finding information is difficult, maybe request a sample?
Old 03-24-2008, 02:52 PM   #12

Quote:
I can sympathize. Have you found anything comparable in other brands, or was the style you're looking for only available in Westhallow? If finding information is difficult, maybe request a sample?
I've definitely been able to find similar colors/finishes, but I haven't been able to beat the price. I'm a strong believer in you get what you pay for, so I'm worried this won't last 5 years.

In this Internet Age, it just seems odd that I've been unable to locate much of anything about this product...user reviews or otherwise.
Old 03-24-2008, 03:29 PM   #13

Quote:
I've definitely been able to find similar colors/finishes, but I haven't been able to beat the price. I'm a strong believer in you get what you pay for, so I'm worried this won't last 5 years.

In this Internet Age, it just seems odd that I've been unable to locate much of anything about this product...user reviews or otherwise.

Surprisingly enough, there are a few topics here and there that the "Internet Age" doesn't really cover. From time to time I've tried to find specific subjects and found myself out of luck.

What are you looking at from Westhallow?

Last edited by jordand; 03-24-2008 at 03:32 PM.
Old 03-24-2008, 03:38 PM   #14

Quote:

Surprisingly enough, there are a few topics here and there that the "Internet Age" doesn't really cover. From time to time I've tried to find specific subjects and found myself out of luck.

What are you looking at from Westhallow?
I'm looking at the Ipe Walnut in the Westhollow True Woods collection. I'm going to install in my kitchen, sunroom (adjacent to the kitchen), a hallway, and our foyer...about 550 sqft.
Old 03-24-2008, 04:06 PM   #15

Quote:
I'm looking at the Ipe Walnut in the Westhollow True Woods collection. I'm going to install in my kitchen, sunroom (adjacent to the kitchen), a hallway, and our foyer...about 550 sqft.
Dark/chocolate walnut. I found one other Dist. but its at 2.33. You are planning to buy from the net, or more intent on finding something in your area? Off the net, the shipping is as important as the ft2 pricing.