DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum (http://www.diychatroom.com/)
-   Flooring (http://www.diychatroom.com/f5/)
-   -   What is the best brand of laminate wood flooring (http://www.diychatroom.com/f5/what-best-brand-laminate-wood-flooring-13010/)

powerline21 11-03-2007 06:06 PM

What is the best brand of laminate wood flooring
 
I am looking for some expert advise on the best brand of laminate wood flooring. I would like it to look as close to real wood as possible, and of course have great durrability. I have seen several brands that look very fake, the exact look I don't want. I'd rather spend more money once to buy a product I like, than to buy some crap product that I will just end up ripping out and replacing anyway. All help is greatly appreciated.

TNRocks 11-03-2007 06:51 PM

If anyone knew the answer to that question, all the manf. would be out of business. It all depends on what you figure is good looking. I just bought 1000 sq ft of laminate flooring today cause we both liked the look of it. It does look like real wood but if you get down on your knees you will know that it is a laminate product. So shop around and if you check on the net a few companys will send u 5 samples free.:whistling2:

Floorwizard 11-06-2007 11:42 PM

Check out Quickstep's line. they have a decent product with a great locking system...and their visuals are nice.

Armstrong has come up with some newer interesting stuff. Also is a solid product.

AtlanticWBConst. 11-07-2007 05:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Florcraft (Post 72159)
Check out Quickstep's line. they have a decent product with a great locking system...and their visuals are nice.

Armstrong has come up with some newer interesting stuff. Also is a solid product.

I also agree about the Quickstep suggestion ...

jerryb48 11-12-2007 06:49 AM

Laminate looks like wood
 
I carry just about all lines of laminate flooring. While Quick-Step is an excellent choice, I think that Wilsonart Red Label and the Berry Floor Line more closely resemble real wood. Either would be an excellent choice as well as the Quick-Step. We have had vitually no complaints with either.

powerline21 11-12-2007 05:13 PM

I appriciate all the great advise. It definately helps to have a good starting point, with all of the different choices of laminate flooring that are out there.

frankthetoad 03-23-2008 04:33 PM

I did a search but found no mention of the brand I'm looking at installing in my kitchen, foyer, sunroom, and a hallway. Does anyone know anything about Westhollow? Specifically their True Woods Collection?

lawndart 03-23-2008 08:47 PM

Add me to the list of pro's that recommend Quick Step.

jordand 03-24-2008 02:21 PM

Probably your best bet would be to search around and either manually or digitally look at some products. Depending on what you're looking for (Such as the quickstep everyone is raving about), the "real wood" appearance is certainly available.

In my infinite availability... Quick Step Honey Red Oak

frankthetoad 03-24-2008 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jordand (Post 110353)
Probably your best bet would be to search around and either manually or digitally look at some products. Depending on what you're looking for (Such as the quickstep everyone is raving about), the "real wood" appearance is certainly available.

Searching has been difficult. The only place that actually has much to say about Westhollow is the only retailer that sells it...iF. We love the color and price of the one we've found, I just want to make sure that I'm getting a quality product. Namely, is their click system good, will it stand the test of time, etc.

jordand 03-24-2008 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankthetoad (Post 110354)
Searching has been difficult. The only place that actually has much to say about Westhollow is the only retailer that sells it...iF. We love the color and price of the one we've found, I just want to make sure that I'm getting a quality product. Namely, is their click system good, will it stand the test of time, etc.

I can sympathize. Have you found anything comparable in other brands, or was the style you're looking for only available in Westhallow? If finding information is difficult, maybe request a sample?

frankthetoad 03-24-2008 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jordand (Post 110359)
I can sympathize. Have you found anything comparable in other brands, or was the style you're looking for only available in Westhallow? If finding information is difficult, maybe request a sample?

I've definitely been able to find similar colors/finishes, but I haven't been able to beat the price. I'm a strong believer in you get what you pay for, so I'm worried this won't last 5 years.

In this Internet Age, it just seems odd that I've been unable to locate much of anything about this product...user reviews or otherwise.

jordand 03-24-2008 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankthetoad (Post 110362)
I've definitely been able to find similar colors/finishes, but I haven't been able to beat the price. I'm a strong believer in you get what you pay for, so I'm worried this won't last 5 years.

In this Internet Age, it just seems odd that I've been unable to locate much of anything about this product...user reviews or otherwise.


Surprisingly enough, there are a few topics here and there that the "Internet Age" doesn't really cover. From time to time I've tried to find specific subjects and found myself out of luck.

What are you looking at from Westhallow?

frankthetoad 03-24-2008 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jordand (Post 110372)

Surprisingly enough, there are a few topics here and there that the "Internet Age" doesn't really cover. From time to time I've tried to find specific subjects and found myself out of luck.

What are you looking at from Westhallow?

I'm looking at the Ipe Walnut in the Westhollow True Woods collection. I'm going to install in my kitchen, sunroom (adjacent to the kitchen), a hallway, and our foyer...about 550 sqft.

jordand 03-24-2008 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankthetoad (Post 110377)
I'm looking at the Ipe Walnut in the Westhollow True Woods collection. I'm going to install in my kitchen, sunroom (adjacent to the kitchen), a hallway, and our foyer...about 550 sqft.

Dark/chocolate walnut. I found one other Dist. but its at 2.33. You are planning to buy from the net, or more intent on finding something in your area? Off the net, the shipping is as important as the ft2 pricing.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:14 AM.