I found out recently that there was a leak behind the concealed toilet in my apartment, it had possibly been there a while. Anyway,
I got this repaired 2 weeks ago, but the floor going underneath the tiles to the left of it felt very wet - I put my hand underneath with gloves on.
I have been informed that this will dry out normally, and any slight swellin of the timber would go down. Want I wanted to ask is, is this correct and would any spores etc die out when it has dried. I'm asking as I am an asthmatic, and have recently been unwell so wanted to rule this out.
Well mold needs moisture and or water to continue to grow, pending how bad it gotten drying it out will stop it from growing but it doesn't get rid of the smell.
We're did the leak end up at? Water travails and will destroy what's ever in its path. Might want to have this examined more.
I would spray some bleach or the name escapes me now but there is a 30 dollar bottle of mold cleaner at home depot that works well you can try that or just get a mold cleaning service to come out and check it For you to make shore.