Hi I am new here and this is my first post...so here goes
I just had a house built in Louisiana when (less than a week) after moving in we noticed a water leak(which come to find out was leaking before just the . I spoke with the contractor that built the house before i came back to work (i work overseas in the Middle East)and he planed on cutting out the sheet rock, pulling back the viynl, spraying some bleech on the subfloor and then putting all back together. I just spoke to my wife tonight and she informed the the contractor said he was going to repair the leak, replace the sheet rock and leave the vinyl where it was without spraing the bleech on the subfloor.
The question i have is does the subfloor need to be sprayed with bleech (to kill mold) or will it be ok to leave it like it is?????? I am not concerned with actual water damage because it is a new construction with a plywood floor.
I would suggest not spraying mold with bleach. Mold needs to be removed by removing the paper that it is feeding on, That means all the sheetrock that has black stuff growing on it. Typ it's "Stacibotcia" and it love to feed on damp paper in the sheetrock. When Staci is alive, it is seldom a high risk allergen, But when you kill it with bleach and leave it in the home it dies, drys out and now you have a major allergen present in the home. If it is growing on the framing or other wood that can't be replaced the mold should be removed with a scraper or putty knife and be placed in a bag while it is still damp and alive. I know a lot of contractors from the old school think killing it with bleach is the thing to do. But they are simply wrong. Good luck.