Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Flooring

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 04-06-2010, 07:05 PM   #1

Share |
Unhappy

Vinyl sheet-cut too short for bathroom flooring

Help anyone! first attempt to replace our old flooring (at Least 8 yrs) and cut round toilet and vanity sink both too short with vinyl sheet/chose not to go muscle route and remove toilet-can cover I know with those bathroom rugs- ala a doily type. Also, need idea for the wall molding edges (right phrase?) as wood was used for that long ago and just looks really sloppy now. Can I replace those with something easily versus and cheaply since currently not working getting someone to cut something for me? As "handyman" tried larger bathroom over weekend and ruined the flooring sheet-too short, in several pieces etc,. he had never done a floor before.. so doing myself and chose the small bathroom first-Not a bad first attempt yet those edges are quite a sore point for---thanks all for any tips! Teresa

tennisdoc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 07:16 PM   #2
BJ

I just messed up on a psoting the same way. A picture would be a lot of help.I've never tried it myself, but on a episode of "This Old House" the guy cut the vynel around a pretty fancy door frame by making a pattern around it with masking tape, with the sticky side up. When he folded the vynel that masking tape stuck to it and let him with a perfect pattern to maek the cut with.

BJLower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 07:30 PM   #3

I had used a marker to help me at first and thought of that option too but since my first attempt ..... --but too many things in a bathroom~LOL! as in toilet and the vanity base! Some sort of new "trim" at the floor base--will cover my errors for the most part in cutting yet the other 2 bathrooms are 2 full ones. Hope to learn
tennisdoc1 is offline   Reply With Quote