Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Flooring

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 07-20-2013, 08:19 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 75

Vinyl Plank Direction

I am planning to install vinyl plank flooring in a large portion of my basement. The planks are 6" wide by 36" long. I plan to use Supreme Click Elite Waterproof Vinyl Plank Battlefield Oak from www.floorstoyourhome.com. What direction should I run the planks? See drawing. I plan to use these planks in the Entry, Recreation Room and Bathroom and Kitchen. There will be carpet in the Family Room and both Bedrooms. This is a basement, so the Entry is not the main entrance to the basement. This is a floating floor with click lock planks. If I run the planks the directions shown on the drawing, do I need to use t-molding where I change directions from the Recreation Room to the Entry? I'm afraid the t-molding will be a "trip molding"! Or, should I run the planks the short direction in the Entry? The direction change to the bathroom will be under a door so I assume a t-molding will be needed there but that doesn't bother me so much because it is a doorway. Thoughts???????
Attached Thumbnails
Vinyl Plank Direction-basement.jpg  

OhioDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 10:19 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 10

Vinyl Plank Direction

I would run the material in the direction shown in the living area and carry that same run into the entry. Eliminating the need for a tmold. Like u said the entry is not the main area so don't worry about the direction so much and yes u will need a end mold at area where carpet meets other material.

Godspede619 is offline   Reply With Quote