DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

Vinyl over Terrazzo Flooring in Bathroom?

5K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Amy Lou 
#1 ·
We have terrazzo flooring in both our bathroom and entryway in our older home. We didn't like the look of the terrazzo and didn't want to spend thousands of dollars to remove it, so we primed, painted and sealed it with what we thought were the proper supplies. However, little chips in the paint are occurring in the bathroom.

I would like to cover the terrazzo in the bathroom with some type of flooring resistant to scrapes, water (obviously), dents, etc. The issue is where the terrazzo starts going up the wall, there is a radius or curve (see picture). So I don't think using regular molding along the wall would work.

Does anyone have any suggestions for me as to how to work with these curves and what type of flooring would work best. Vinyl with a larger depth quarter round on top of the terrazzo baseboard or a deeper wood baseboard with an angle cut into it? Does Vinyl handle these type of curves well?

Any other ideas?

Thank you much.

Attachments

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.