Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Flooring

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 01-11-2009, 08:07 PM   #1

Share |
Question

Vintage Ceramic Tile sources

I have a house that was built in the early sixties. I have a few areas that have cracked tiles and I was wondering if there were any warehouses (preferably online) that specialized in odd lots of NOS vintage ceramic tiles?

tripower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 09:19 PM   #2
Tileguy

The number one company that specializes in old tiles I know of is Greenwich Tile. Call them @ 800-470-9636.

Jaz

DITRA Installs - KERDI Watertight-Mold-Free Showers. I have NEVER made a mistake, I thought I did ONCE, but, I was WRONG! A+ BBB rating - est. 1987 - over 50 yrs. exp.
JazMan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 02:12 PM   #3

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazMan View Post
The number one company that specializes in old tiles I know of is Greenwich Tile. Call them @ 800-470-9636.

Jaz
That number is disconnected.
Old 01-12-2009, 03:15 PM   #4
Tileguy

Apparently a glitch with their toll-free number? ......... Actually I just spoke with them and they dropped the toll free. Call them at the regular number. 203 869-4773. Their main old stock consists of American Olean, although they carry some others.

Jaz

DITRA Installs - KERDI Watertight-Mold-Free Showers. I have NEVER made a mistake, I thought I did ONCE, but, I was WRONG! A+ BBB rating - est. 1987 - over 50 yrs. exp.
Old 01-12-2009, 04:44 PM   #5

Please let me know if you find a source that will sell less than box lot quantities. I'm looking for some American Olean bright tile and all I can find is places that only sell box lots. I need about 20 of six or seven different colors.
bradnailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 09:04 PM   #6
Tileguy

You can buy as little as one piece. However, the less you buy, the more it'll cost. It also depends on the particular tile you are looking for, some are worth more than others.

Example; If you only want a few tiles of a rare color, it may cost $20-25 per tile. The same tile might sell for $30 per sq. ft. (8 pcs) if you're willing to purchase a full ctn. of 100 pieces. (12.5 sq. ft.). This is a rough estimate, and will vary depending on which tile, the amount and who is purchasing.

It's kinda expensive, but much cheaper than the alternative.

Jaz

Old 01-18-2009, 07:32 AM   #7

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazMan View Post
You can buy as little as one piece. However, the less you buy, the more it'll cost. It also depends on the particular tile you are looking for, some are worth more than others.

Example; If you only want a few tiles of a rare color, it may cost $20-25 per tile. The same tile might sell for $30 per sq. ft. (8 pcs) if you're willing to purchase a full ctn. of 100 pieces. (12.5 sq. ft.). This is a rough estimate, and will vary depending on which tile, the amount and who is purchasing.

It's kinda expensive, but much cheaper than the alternative.

Jaz

Well, I finally got my tile up to them and a guy called me up (very nice guy), and said that they wouldn't have my tile. Are there any other companies that specialize in early 60's tile?