Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Flooring

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 07-06-2014, 04:27 PM   #1

Share |

Vernada Composite decking

Was getting ready to install Veranda Amorguard composite decking. Home Depot "Pro" Desk suggested I use 16 ft and 12 ft lengths to run a 28 ft span. Couldn't fit these on pick-up truck so had to pay delivery charge. As we started to install decking, we realized that the 16 ft boards were 1/8th inch wider than the 12 ft boards!
Now we have to get either all 16 ft boards and cut them (include another delivery charge! and return the 12 ft boards) or use all 12 ft boards and figure out how we are getting the 16 ft boards back to Home Depot.
The moral of the story: measure the width of the boards on composite decking when using different size boards, before they leave the store!
PS - Considering all of the bad reviews about this brand of composite flooring - staining, mildew problems, class action suit - I'm going with real wood instead!

messerpt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 04:37 PM   #2
Pro Flooring Installer

Good old HD, always fun to deal with.

rusty baker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 06:55 PM   #3

No moral here .They should have been all the same width.You should not have to pay or deliver on defective products. Six " boards being two different widths is a defect.Lenghth has nothing to do with a width of a 1X6
mako1 is offline   Reply With Quote