DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

Unfinished moulding on laminate

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  pinwheel45 
#1 ·
I recently had two rooms of laminate flooring laid, and they were finished off with unfinished moulding. First: Is this normal, or is there a particular type of molding for use with laminate flooring? When I called the contractor to ask about it I was told the workers mistakenly used the unfinished. I've had to stain the moulding myself. Secondly; I believe I should get a credit on the price difference between the unfinished and the finished. I don't know what percent-of-change that would be because I can only find the pricing online for the unfinished--$4.97 for a 78 inch length of 1/4 inch round oak. What's an appropriate expectation? :(

#2 ·
The contractor admittedly said they made a mistake. I would tell them to come back & put in finished molding rather than accepting shoddy workmanship. If his reputation means anything to him, he'll gladly do it at no charge. I know when we make a mistake, we fix it, out of pocket. Yes, it stings to loose the profits, but the pain is a nice reminder to do it right the first time. Yes, there is a reason we stay extremely busy even in a poor economy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.