Forums | Home Repair | Home Improvement | Painting | Interior Decorating | Remodeling | Landscaping

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Flooring

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 06-21-2010, 03:24 PM   #1
sgk

Share |

Uneven Floor Edge for Laminate Flooring

Doing a little remodeling in an old house, and ripped up the carpet in the dining room to put down Laminate flooring. After I got it cleaned, I noticed that one of the sheets wasn't even with the others. It looks like one of the 4x8 pieces used for the flooring is off a little. The room is 11.5'x19.5' so there are two edges where it doesn't line up.

I assume that just the one section is 1/2" where the rest of it is 3/8". When I lay down the padding and laminate, is this going to make a difference?

If it will make a difference should I use shingles or tar paper to try to minimize the change?
sgk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 06:23 PM   #2

Uneven Floor Edge for Laminate Flooring

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgk View Post

I assume that just the one section is 1/2" where the rest of it is 3/8". When I lay down the padding and laminate, is this going to make a difference? Yes

If it will make a difference should I use shingles or tar paper to try to minimize the change?
I'd pull up the 1/2" pc and replace with 3/8" to flatten the floor. Otherwise you'd need to raise the entire floor to the height of the 1/2".

Just my 2