Uneven Concrete Slab In House - Flooring - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Flooring

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 08-27-2009, 02:55 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

uneven concrete slab in house

hi, my 1st post here. i bought a house a few years ago at the peak of the housing boom. i had about $10-$20,000 in equity when we moved in. we were not planning on doing alot to the property, just cash out after 2 years and build a home. well, funny how things change! we are remodeling inside, outside. we are in proccess of finishing up the roof, an open beam porch, excavating, building a gerage, ect,ect,ect.

here is my Q. in the middle of all this our toilet overflowed for about 12 hours while we were out of town. carpet had to be removed.

we knew that the concrete slab our house is built on was uneven (you could see it through the carpet). once the carpet was removed, we realized we have to do something before re-installing carpet or hardwood.

i think the best way to go about it is a self leveling compound. however, i have no experiance with them. there are spots that are prolly an inch low.

Advertisement

underthegun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 02:58 PM   #2

Location: Minneapolis/St. Paul, Minnesota - Latitude 45.057 Longitude -93.074
Rewards Points: 2,136

Where are you located?

Expansive soild could be the real source of problems, so leveling is just a "band aid" until you sell it.

Dick

Advertisement

concretemasonry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 03:04 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 10

medford oregon. a big part of the problem is they did a addition about 15 years ago. it just about doubled the sq footage. well, the second slab is built a half inch higher.
underthegun is offline   Reply With Quote