Underlayment For Vinyl FLooring - Flooring - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Flooring

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 08-29-2011, 01:01 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Underlayment for Vinyl FLooring

My kitchen subfloor is 1x boards over 2x8 joists and the rooms next to it are 3/4" hardwood. To make up the difference should I go with 1 layer 3/4" a-c underlayment ply wood or two layers 1/4 sureply over 1/2 exterior grade ply with lower quality face. I am concerned about flex in the floor and fasteners showing through. I could screw down the 1/2 and then staple the 1/4" over it. Or just staple down 3/4". I would prefer not to use adhesive on the subfloor as it would be difficult to pull up later. Right now there is particle board over the subfloor that is swelling in places has to go.

Which way should I go?

Advertisement

JimV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 01:46 PM   #2
Pro Flooring Installer

Rewards Points: 2,296

Underlayment for Vinyl FLooring

I would screw down the 1/2 and staple 1/4 over it. Then if you can't get the vnyl adhesive up later on, you would only need to change the 1/4".

Advertisement

rusty baker is online now   Reply With Quote