DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum (
-   Flooring (
-   -   underlayment (

JimD 01-23-2006 11:51 AM

I am looking for a product that I believe is called 'Structure Floor'. It comes either cement board or osb. It has a coating on the bottom that forms circles. They form channels so that any moisture that gets underneath will not soak into the board. Any help would be appreciated.

Zero Punch 01-23-2006 03:00 PM

Your not entirely clear on what your looking for or what the name of the product is, so let me ask a question.

Is this product intended use as a substrate going over a concrete slab on or below grade, such as in a basement?

If that is so, I have seen such a product at Menards Lumber. They come in 2x2 or 3x3 panels that interlock they are ABS or some other plastic with some raised gridwork and had OSB as a finish substrate suitable for carpet installation. Their purpose to eleminate the need for sleepers I guess. I would not use either in any basement that was prone to seepage, or any but the most remote possibility of water. I know we like to keep out toes warm but that's why they make slippers.:)


JimD 01-23-2006 03:09 PM

It is meant to be used in a basement much the same way as sleepers. Thanks for the info.

JimD 01-24-2006 07:18 AM

Found it
I have found two differant types of panels. DriCore and SubFlor. Thanks

MinConst 01-24-2006 01:42 PM

DRIcore is the product you want. I've used it and it is a great subfloor. It is a floating floor.

ron schenker 01-24-2006 09:20 PM

I've used Dricore also in basements. It's tongue and groove and moisture can flow under it without damaging the flooring. It's important to have a floor drain underneath somewhere. Up here in Toronto it's about 6 bucks for a 2'x2' panel.

skipolonius 02-04-2006 12:34 PM

Dricore evaporative process
I keep seeing on all the dricore literature that the raised bumps on the panels allow air to circulate and allow accumulated moisture to evaporate. My question is; Where does all this moisture evaporate to? The top is sealed by the poly coating and the edges are effectivly sealed by interior stud walls, molding, finished edges, etc.. I would think the moisture is still trapped with this system. Thanks in advance for any insight.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:59 AM.

vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1