Two Days Redoing Laminate In Hall. - Flooring - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Flooring

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 03-18-2011, 11:45 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Two days redoing laminate in hall.

Two days. Pretty much done. A little trim work to do.

Laid down a sound mat to muffle the cats, dogs and people walking in the hall. Turned the laminate boards so they matched the rest of the house instead of being totally opposite.

When I pulled up the old ones I found cat litter, hair under the wall trim along the boards and under them in some placesand dried sticky pee on two boards leading me to believe the person that put them down originally did not bother cleaning up before so, however, giving some shadow of doubt I am wondering if I could use a latex-type caulk along the boards under the trim to keep stuff from getting down in there?

I assume the latex would have enough give for expansion.

I have about 1/2" plus around all edges of the laminate except where it butts against the laminate from the hall to the living room and one peice in the middle of a doorway where my angled cut was off and I had to saw out the point of the board with my multitool. Anything I need to know or keep an eye on there?

Other than that it looks pretty good. A couple of boards simply have smooth ends butting and I used a sideboard with the 'lip' on each side to hold them in lace.

Advertisement

Satanta is offline   Reply With Quote