DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum (
-   Flooring (
-   -   tub/floor transition (

diyron 03-31-2007 06:05 PM

tub/floor transition
I'm nearly finished installing ceramic tile in my master bathroom. I left a small expansion space between the new tile and the vertical side of the tub and I need to cover it up. In my other bathroom there is an L shaped metal strip that fits in the corner formed by the floor and tub. I've been to the Lowes and Home Depot neither has this item. What is this thing called and where can I get it?

Zero Punch 03-31-2007 08:20 PM

Why not use colored caulk that matches your grout? It should be available where you purchased your tile and grout.

zel 04-01-2007 10:42 PM

My Mom & Dad have that same strip on the back of their counter top, where it meets the verticle piece. Their kitchen was redone back in the mid 80's so I dont know where that stuff came from or where to get it, but maybe try a place that does counter tops? Maybe a supply company?

KUIPORNG 04-02-2007 10:35 AM

HD selling those plastic strips for this purpose... it is good and easy to use for straight line... if you need to turn corner though, it will be harder to use...

zel 04-02-2007 03:09 PM

I seen a small bundle of samples of different "transition" edge pieces for tile at the end of the tile tool isle. I almost walked right by it, but they had a bunch to choose from, presumably special order.

Floorwizard 04-05-2007 10:42 PM

Tub strip can be commonly purchased at flooring stores.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:57 AM.

vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1