Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Flooring

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 07-10-2011, 06:53 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 0
Share |

Transitions in doorways--Allure Trafficmaster Vinyl Planks (not ultra)

Okay, so I know there is another thread about Allure TM VP, but it has over 600 replies so I am starting a new post here just about how to handle transitions between rooms.

At first I thought we could lay the ATMVP continuously through 3 bedrooms, an L-shaped hallway into a living space. But changed my mind about after reading here about the floors needing to remain "floating" and realizing the difficulty of the keeping the planks equal through a doorway into a hall...etc.

I have the metal type of transition strip that can be used from same height to same height--drill into cement subfloor--make sure not to go through planks. But, somebody mentioned using an actual plank as a transition...please explain how to do that.

thank you

ivorytower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 12:07 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 0

Transitions in doorways--Allure Trafficmaster Vinyl Planks (not ultra)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivorytower View Post
Okay, so I know there is another thread about Allure TM VP, but it has over 600 replies so I am starting a new post here just about how to handle transitions between rooms.

At first I thought we could lay the ATMVP continuously through 3 bedrooms, an L-shaped hallway into a living space. But changed my mind about after reading here about the floors needing to remain "floating" and realizing the difficulty of the keeping the planks equal through a doorway into a hall...etc.

I have the metal type of transition strip that can be used from same height to same height--drill into cement subfloor--make sure not to go through planks. But, somebody mentioned using an actual plank as a transition...please explain how to do that.

thank you
Those metal transitions look hideous (I think so anyway) Call Halstead customer service, they should be able to help you.

ttr13r is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
allure traffic master, doorway transitions, vinyl planks