Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Flooring

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 07-19-2011, 08:17 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Trafficmaster Allure Ultra Flooring Installation over cork

I live in a condo and need to sound proof the floor as much as possible, may I install Trafficmaster Allure Ultra Flooring over 1/4 inch cork underlayment. I asked 3 people at Home Depot and got 3 different answers. Love this flooring but need something more over wood subfloor.
appreciate any feedback. thanks

5fingers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 10:24 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 75

Trafficmaster Allure Ultra Flooring Installation over cork

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5fingers View Post
I live in a condo and need to sound proof the floor as much as possible, may I install Trafficmaster Allure Ultra Flooring over 1/4 inch cork underlayment. I asked 3 people at Home Depot and got 3 different answers. Love this flooring but need something more over wood subfloor.
appreciate any feedback. thanks
I wonder what those 3 answers were? With the Allure, you need nothing under it. Nothing. I have never heard any problems regarding sound issues with the Allure. I have heard the Allure Ultra is not so easy to click, in fact, I couldn't get it to stay together, so I just use the Allure with the grip strip. On the other hand, cork under laminate is an idea. It is a great sound absorber. I can give you info on that if you would like. If you want to look into the Allure further, call customer service for that product. It's made by Halstead, they make it for Trafficmaster. The people there are very helpful.

Last edited by ttr13r; 07-29-2011 at 10:32 PM.
ttr13r is offline   Reply With Quote