Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Flooring

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 06-10-2013, 07:20 PM   #1

Share |

Trafficmaster allure on concrete slab

I was thinking about installing this on above grade concrete slab in my kitchen with laundry closet. I know people have had issues with it peeling and popping on concrete in basements, but in this case the concrete is above grade and I will be installing over existing sheet vinyl which should serve as a moisture barrier of sorts. Anyone have experience with this type of installation. Not comfortable with laying ceramic/stone tile myself and too much chance of water problems with laminate so this seems to be one of my only options other than having another sheet of vinyl laid, which I don't care for the look of.

SirJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 08:32 PM   #2

You would be better off with sheet goods.
What your suggesting is water resistant not water proof.
It's going to take far longer to install.
Less smell for about a week that that Traffic Master put off. (it smells like wet paint.)

Old 10-03-2013, 12:59 PM   #3

New studio, 720 sq. ft, on insulated concrete slab. Moisture not an issue.
Installed by experienced contractor. Flooring is lifting on edges, rising and falling. Room is temperature controlled 50/85 degrees (LG mini-split.)

Contractor wants $1,000 to remove and replace with glued down Burke 12 mil vinyl planks. (This figure is the difference between the cost of Allure and Burke, and another four hundred dollars plus tax for the install.) the studio is in use, filled with expensive heavy weaving looms, six bookcases, and twenty tote bins of weaving materials. I am so stressed I can not deal with the contractor any longer. He offered a refund for the flooring, an I told him this morning that if he gives me a refund ($1505 plus tax) that I will release him from further responsibility for the floor.

So i called Halstead (the manufacturer) and spoke to Beverly Minter who is sending 1 oz bottles of super glue.

This is an absolute nightmare, the thing I did NOT want to happen. I spent a third of my tiny retirement account on this building and I just want to let anyone searching for information on Trafficmaster Allure know that it is NOT a good choice for flooring.
addicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 02:10 PM   #4
Pro Flooring Installer

Sorry, you had problems. There is a thread on here with hundreds of posts from people who had similar problems.
rusty baker is offline   Reply With Quote