Trafficmaster Allure And Concete Sealer - Flooring - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Flooring

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 03-23-2009, 02:19 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10
Unhappy

Trafficmaster Allure and Concete Sealer

No, this is NOT a is Allure good or not post. I'm just moving forward.

Before I began installation, I did a moisture test on the slab. Bone dry as I expected. I had a gallon of leftover ProShield HPG (rubbery membrane) sealer so I decided to roll it on for an extra layer of protection.

As I've started to get a walkable area of Allure down (about 40%), I'm noticing a slight "sticky" sound from the floor. Seems like in areas where the slab isn't perfectly flat, and they're many, there's a slight give in the floor that makes the sound. The questions are:

1. As the ProShield cures, will it's tacky feel of it lessen?

2. Is this a permanent deal between the membrane and the slick underside of the Allure?

3. If I'm stuck with the with question 2, can I paint some primer of the sealer and fix it that way?

The company that makes the stuff doesn't have a web site or phone number on the bucket. Can't find them on the web via Google either.
Any insight would be much appreciated.

Advertisement

Alex3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 07:26 AM   #2

Rewards Points: 500

Trafficmaster Allure and Concete Sealer

never heard of any of the products or names you mention,,, however, as long's there's a epa, there'll be a material safety data sheet AND product sheet somewhere.

Manufactured by Superior Adhesives and Chemicals. All that I was able to find was a P.O. Box 78/8515, Ottawa Lake, MI 49267. The Tile Shop is the distributor.

ProShield HPG - Allure - ProShield - TrafficMaster - they can't hide ! reboot your googler

Advertisement

Last edited by yesitsconcrete; 03-24-2009 at 07:28 AM.
yesitsconcrete is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
allure , concrete , sealer , trafficmaster