Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Flooring

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 07-19-2013, 01:01 PM   #1

Share |

Tile Floor grout repair

South florida house built in 2005, the grout is cracking. I want to repair it to make it look nice again in certain sections. I found a bag of grout in the attic. Can I use that grout and spot repair the grout in different sections? or is there a product I can buy to fix the cracked grout? Thank you in advance for any tips of information.

This link is for my South Florida Sarasota Home inspection comapny incase anyone is interested.

streetneons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 02:12 PM   #2
Retired from the grind

Tile Floor grout repair

You can use it on your yard to help it, or toss in the trash. That is all it is good dor now.

Grout and mortar is only good for a year after the manufacturing process. After that dispose of it, if it was not kept in the right conditions.

As for repairing, you need to figure out why the grout joints are cracking. Usually floor structure, not laying enough mortar down when they placed the tiles. or mixed the grout wrong.

You just need to use a multi-tool to remove all grout, vacuum all joints well, then use brand new grout from the store, properly mixed and redo.

Ren: Now listen, Cadet. I've got a job for you. See this button? Ren: Don't touch it! It's the History Eraser button, you fool! Stimpy: So what'll happen? Ren: That's just it. We don't know. Maybe something bad, maybe something good. I guess we'll never know, 'cause you're going to guard it. You won't touch it, will you?

Last edited by gregzoll; 07-19-2013 at 02:15 PM.
gregzoll is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to gregzoll For This Useful Post:
ben's plumbing (07-19-2013)