Just installed it to replace living room carpet damaged by water.
The living room that had an exterior door leading outside and tracking rain water and dirt was always a problem. Also, with dogs and their occasional "mishaps", water resistance vinyl seemed the logical choice, especially since the carpet was 20+ years old.
I chose the "Blonde Maple" style from Home Depot and it looks really good and was not too dark. I wanted to open the room up with light and a dark color (although rich looking) would have made the room look smaller.
I looked at another house brand manufacturer at Lowe's but thought the Allure product was a little more durable and the adhesive sections were more substantial.
I experienced some lifting in certain areas and went to the internet to find out if others were experiencing the same problem and some were; however, the negative comments were from full time whiners and complainers who advised everyone to sue the company and start class action lawsuits (they must have been Democrats!)
Allure customer service "express" delivered two FREE small bottles of Allure Adhesive with instructions. Later, I misplaced the instructions and called customer service and the person walked me through the process that weren't specifically written in the instruction sent out with the adhesive.
I followed her instructions and it worked great because I haven't seen
any more lifting.
There is a strong chemical smell as the new vinyl was "outgassing" but after a few weeks, that smell disappeared. (Impatient internet complainers and whiners talked about complaining to Allure, getting factory reps to visit them, getting Home Depot reps out, asking for refunds, ripping it all out, and then filling the internet with negative complaints. Doesn't anyone take responsibility for their choices anymore?)
Subsequently, I ran across customers at Home Depot who bragged about putting it in their rental properties to cut down on maintenance and upkeep and how it was a great product.
Advise getting the end seams tight. My first 4-5 feet of depth was "practice" because I noticed two separation gaps at the end joints of two rows. It was real obvious to me after I moved further into the room, so I can't see how I could have made the obvious errors. I was probably stressed about doing it the first time and making mistakes that I didn't see everything I needed to be doing until it was laid down and too late to adjust.
Advice .... keep the seems tight and inspect the side and end joints after each piece is installed. I got smarter as I got more experienced placing the planks.
Also, keep any dirt and debris off the adhesive sections so they won't lift up later because of poor contact. They will lay and hold when you first install them, but my lift later because the contact wasn't sufficient.
If you see lifting later, simple call Allure and get the special adhesive they offer.