Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Flooring

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-05-2010, 10:58 AM   #541
Pro Flooring Installer
 
rusty baker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: SW Missouri
Posts: 3,778
Share |
Default

Thoughts and opinions on "Trafficmaster Allure" flooring from Home Depot?


The ones I have heard of with a "pattern", it was thought it was improperly stored. It was set on something or something was set on it causing the indentations.

__________________
The ads in my post are there without my permission. I do not endorse any of the products.
Semi-Retired Installer
Installing since 1973
rusty baker is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rusty baker For This Useful Post:
miltey (11-06-2010)
Old 11-05-2010, 12:24 PM   #542
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 3
Default

Thoughts and opinions on "Trafficmaster Allure" flooring from Home Depot?


Thanks for the post re: the patterning issue with this product.

Well, the pattern we are considering is Special Order at our local HD. Now my concern is about the odor being emitted from product. Since this would be a specail order and after we get it home and acclaimate it to the room and if it emits an ordor we might be SOL, as it's my understanding that Special Orders are not returnable/refundable.
eskiemama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 01:31 PM   #543
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 13
Default

Thoughts and opinions on "Trafficmaster Allure" flooring from Home Depot?


I just installed mine a month ago, and other than a very slight "new product" smell, there's no unpleasant odor at all.
Mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 02:10 PM   #544
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 3
Default

Thoughts and opinions on "Trafficmaster Allure" flooring from Home Depot?


Where in your home did you install the product? How much of an area did you have to cover?

Another question for folks... how slippery is this flooring when it gets wet? We might decide to do our laundry room, which I know many folks seem to have done, but I also have several hairy dogs that I bathe at home several times a month and water splashes all over the floor... My concern is that water will be on the floor and I wouldn't want to slip and fall when carrying a dog... also, the thought of water getting under this product could cause mold issues... We don't have ventilation in the laundry room and there is no window.
eskiemama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 02:28 PM   #545
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 13
Default

Thoughts and opinions on "Trafficmaster Allure" flooring from Home Depot?


Quote:
Originally Posted by eskiemama View Post
Where in your home did you install the product? How much of an area did you have to cover?
Basement. 250 sq. ft. room

Quote:
Another question for folks...
how slippery is this flooring when it gets wet? We might decide to do our laundry room, which I know many folks seem to have done, but I also have several hairy dogs that I bathe at home several times a month and water splashes all over the floor... My concern is that water will be on the floor and I wouldn't want to slip and fall when carrying a dog... also, the thought of water getting under this product could cause mold issues... We don't have ventilation in the laundry room and there is no window.
Lino for you.
Mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 08:54 PM   #546
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 3
Post

Thoughts and opinions on "Trafficmaster Allure" flooring from Home Depot?


[quote=zel;51184]I am considering this floor as a cheap alternative to wood/laminate, over my concrete basement floor.

I have installed 3/4" plank flooring, laminate, tile, stone etc. on all types of floors. Allure is clearly the easiest floor to install. Simple to lay, easy to cut, and it looks great. I installed about 300 sq feet in about 6 hours total. It took longer to seal the basement floor than to install the Allure.

I used a tin cutter, and a simple box cutter, a straight edge and a wallpaper roller. That's it. I kept the basement around 75 degrees. It looks great, and I still have the other 1/2 of the basement to do. This is an easy product to use.

Now, I'll let you know if it stays down over the next few months. It better!!!

jeromeleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 12:04 AM   #547
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 288
Default

Thoughts and opinions on "Trafficmaster Allure" flooring from Home Depot?


[quote=jeromeleo;530485] It took longer to seal the basement floor than to install the Allure.

Which product did you use to seal the floor? Would like to hear your opinion on the floor after 6 to 12 months pass. Hope it works out.
retired guy 60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 07:35 AM   #548
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 3
Default

Thoughts and opinions on "Trafficmaster Allure" flooring from Home Depot?


[quote=retired guy 60;530570]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeromeleo View Post
It took longer to seal the basement floor than to install the Allure.

Which product did you use to seal the floor? Would like to hear your opinion on the floor after 6 to 12 months pass. Hope it works out.

I used DRYLOCK - a white paint like substance....two coats. I called the main number for the manufacture of Allure, and the rep said any decent water block would be helpful.

We'll see.... I need to finish second half of room this week. I'm older than 60 and not retired... so I find time...

sometimes....
jeromeleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 07:00 PM   #549
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1
Default

Thoughts and opinions on "Trafficmaster Allure" flooring from Home Depot?


I put Allure flooring down 3 days ago and some of the seams keep coming up not bad but am worried it will get worse. I have rolled it with a laminate roller and they keeping coming up what am I to do. Call Allure and she said that I should have not put it in a Florida Room. I was doing this then I put it down from day one. How can I fix it?? Help please
Raybonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 11:41 PM   #550
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 3
Default

Thoughts and opinions on "Trafficmaster Allure" flooring from Home Depot?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Raybonj View Post
I put Allure flooring down 3 days ago and some of the seams keep coming up not bad but am worried it will get worse. I have rolled it with a laminate roller and they keeping coming up what am I to do. Call Allure and she said that I should have not put it in a Florida Room. I was doing this then I put it down from day one. How can I fix it?? Help please
Hi,

I have done half the basement floor and it has been down for a week. I left heaters in the room for three full days so it was about 75 degrees down there. Everything seems fine. I have now moved all the furniture, bookcases, etc to the finished side so I guess the added weight will only help.

Tomorrow I will "paint" the second coat of drylock on the unfinished side and, hopefully, begin installing the rest of the floor. Heaters will be working overtime!
We'll see.

By the way while on my knees, I slide across each finished row two or three times with my full weight on my knees so that may have helped the boards stick better. So far so good!!!

Also, it really looks great!
jeromeleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 08:47 PM   #551
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 4
Default

Thoughts and opinions on "Trafficmaster Allure" flooring from Home Depot?


Thanks all!

I will just have to hope for the best and hope that the seams do not come up and really hope that my dog doesn't pee on the floor once it is down. I will keep on hand sometype of glue.

I was online tonight and I saw the following glues:

Sticky Jack Super Glue
Gorilla Glue

Or some type of vinyl flooring adhesive.

I have no choice I have to put down this flooring since its what I purchase and waited for over a year for my brother to put it down. I don't have the money to go back and purchase something new.
SileAine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 09:12 PM   #552
Pro Flooring Installer
 
rusty baker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: SW Missouri
Posts: 3,778
Default

Thoughts and opinions on "Trafficmaster Allure" flooring from Home Depot?


They say to use the super glue.
__________________
The ads in my post are there without my permission. I do not endorse any of the products.
Semi-Retired Installer
Installing since 1973
rusty baker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 06:01 PM   #553
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1
Default

Thoughts and opinions on "Trafficmaster Allure" flooring from Home Depot?


Hello! I have Installed thousands of square feet of this product and beleive it to be one of the best flooring options out there for high moisture/traffic Area's. Perfect for bathrooms, laundry rooms and above grade basements. It is flexible and takes the shape of your floor so no prep is required to make the surface perfectly level.
I have read alot of these comments and ppl tend to be frightened its not water resistant. It is vinyl and is 100% water resistant.
In the case of the couple who had a terrible experience in the basement with mold, I have a feeling the whole time your carpet was down your underpad was taking in all the moisture. Since the carpet was breathing, the moisture evaporated, where the vinyl does't breathe it traps the moisture, leading to mold issues... You difinately need to look into Dry Core or a sufficient sub floor. Another thing to keep in mind is You may have had a completely dry basement at the time of the initial carpet install, but alot can happen/change with moisture ratings over that span of time. I have seen brand new consrtuction founndations completely dry with hardly any moisture and 10 years later the floor is constantly wicking moisture, and in need of dehumidifiers running all of the time. I think for any basement a subfloor is the only way to protect your investment.
Another great new option from Allure is the Locking allure, They have now baught into the UNICLICK patended technology which makes for easier install and allows DIY's more time to work wityh the product without the sticky edge application. If you ever need to try and seperate the old sticky edge style run a hair dryer over the seam to re-activate the glue and you should have no problem seperating them for repair.
The couple with the basement problem also mentioned their seams were lifting..This is normally due to temperature/climate problems where the house or cottage isn't heated for an extended period of time. In my area in Muskoka Ontario, The Locking system is taking over because of all the seasonal properties, allure won't provide warranty on the flooring, due to the glue losing activation from cold temeratures. This new locking feature makes the floor fail proof for both install and performance. Lifetime warranty on residential applications makes The locking Allure one of the best, and when and if you move you can take your flooring with you, lol.
Hope this info has helped a few ppl with their choice, and for any more info, the Traffic Master reps are great and very knowledgable.
dccottagecare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 06:32 PM   #554
Pro Flooring Installer
 
rusty baker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: SW Missouri
Posts: 3,778
Default

Thoughts and opinions on "Trafficmaster Allure" flooring from Home Depot?


Quote:
Originally Posted by dccottagecare View Post
Hello! I have Installed thousands of square feet of this product and beleive it to be one of the best flooring options out there for high moisture/traffic Area's. Perfect for bathrooms, laundry rooms and above grade basements. It is flexible and takes the shape of your floor so no prep is required to make the surface perfectly level.
I have read alot of these comments and ppl tend to be frightened its not water resistant. It is vinyl and is 100% water resistant.
In the case of the couple who had a terrible experience in the basement with mold, I have a feeling the whole time your carpet was down your underpad was taking in all the moisture. Since the carpet was breathing, the moisture evaporated, where the vinyl does't breathe it traps the moisture, leading to mold issues... You difinately need to look into Dry Core or a sufficient sub floor. Another thing to keep in mind is You may have had a completely dry basement at the time of the initial carpet install, but alot can happen/change with moisture ratings over that span of time. I have seen brand new consrtuction founndations completely dry with hardly any moisture and 10 years later the floor is constantly wicking moisture, and in need of dehumidifiers running all of the time. I think for any basement a subfloor is the only way to protect your investment.
Another great new option from Allure is the Locking allure, They have now baught into the UNICLICK patended technology which makes for easier install and allows DIY's more time to work wityh the product without the sticky edge application. If you ever need to try and seperate the old sticky edge style run a hair dryer over the seam to re-activate the glue and you should have no problem seperating them for repair.
The couple with the basement problem also mentioned their seams were lifting..This is normally due to temperature/climate problems where the house or cottage isn't heated for an extended period of time. In my area in Muskoka Ontario, The Locking system is taking over because of all the seasonal properties, allure won't provide warranty on the flooring, due to the glue losing activation from cold temeratures. This new locking feature makes the floor fail proof for both install and performance. Lifetime warranty on residential applications makes The locking Allure one of the best, and when and if you move you can take your flooring with you, lol.
Hope this info has helped a few ppl with their choice, and for any more info, the Traffic Master reps are great and very knowledgable.
Thank you to the Home Depot rep.
__________________
The ads in my post are there without my permission. I do not endorse any of the products.
Semi-Retired Installer
Installing since 1973
rusty baker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 12:38 PM   #555
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 17
Default

Thoughts and opinions on "Trafficmaster Allure" flooring from Home Depot?


It scratches badly and easily! I just put it down and moved a chair that even had plastic protectors and messed up my floor!!! Haven't had it a week! Going to see if the stand behind their product!!!!

scubadiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
allure, trafficmaster, vinyl flooring


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Top of Page | View New Posts

Copyright © 2003-2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.