Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Flooring

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 08-05-2009, 12:23 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 0
Share |

thoughts on 2 n 1 underlayment

I'm gonna be installing laminate wood flooring in my livingroom. We have a cement subfloor and we want to use soundproof underlayment. All the stores I've been too only sell the 2 n 1 soundproof underlayment. The only place I can find them seperate is online.

I'm also not sure about the moisture barrier. It looks so flimsy on the 2 n 1. Could I just use a 6 mm under it, just to be sure, or is it too much??

I would really appreciate any input on this. I dont want to wait for the flooring if I buy it online but I will if its a better choice.

Thanks!

janet.giron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 10:18 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 0

thoughts on 2 n 1 underlayment

I'm using Floor Muffler and am pleased so far with it in the two rooms that I've completed. I ordered the kind with the seal, which made joining the seams easy but the plastic makes a little noise when you walk over it if it doesn't lay perfectly flat (and it's difficult to tell if it is). The first room was finished a couple of weeks ago and we've noticed that the plastic makes less and less noise. I tried taping the plastic strip to the slab in the second room and there's only one spot with a small crinkle (it really isn't as bad as it sounds).

Tess is offline   Reply With Quote