Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Flooring

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 11-29-2005, 01:51 PM   #1
ssc

Rewards Points: 0
Share |

super flat concrete

i just had conctractors pour concrete for the 3rd time (50ft by 70ft)and it still is not flat enough. i ripped out the 1st two. and this 3rd one is still wavy. i ride a pedal bike professionally, and i need an indoor super flat spot . i've been around the world and seen with my own eyes that it could be flat, but since i tried to have it done at my house, it seems impossibe for them to get it from getting wavy. i don't have the option of ripping it out again .:confused: i heard about some self levelers to put over. :confused: is it strong enough to handle the bike getting dropped and will it stick to the concrete without pulling apart in the future maybr due to coldness ,weather. is it superflat like explained thanks ssc

ssc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 09:21 AM   #2

super flat concrete

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssc
...i need an indoor super flat spot...will it stick to the concrete without pulling apart in the future maybr due to coldness ,weather.
Is it indoors or not? Does it get cold and wet inside your building?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssc
... i've been around the world and seen with my own eyes that it could be flat, but since i tried to have it done at my house, it seems impossibe for them to get it from getting wavy.
Seriously now? Do you think the typical guys pouring concrete floors are those you want to have build a friggin' velodrome? You needed a contractor that specializes in terrazo floors or large, critically flat, warehouse floors. The guys doing sidewalks and basement floors don't have a clue how to produce what you want.

You need to talk with someone who sells self-leveling agents about what you might expect from such a product. You might also find a good concrete contractor that can 'whitecoat' the surface for you (maybe someone specializing in bridge and road building). If the floor is outdoors, you might be able to get a good asphalt contractor to 'top' it using a paving machine that will produce a good, flat surface.

pipeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 02:53 PM   #3
ssc

super flat concrete

actually i had laid asphalt down on one of floors i ripped up, and it never stuck to the concrete. in a 2 month period , it was cracked like it was there for 20 yea'rs. so i don't know if that would work . it will be indoors ,no wetness would hit it, but it probably would get cold the times i'm not in it , i live in PA. the winters are harsh. i plan to heat it but not all the time. what about this self lever. is that my answer
Old 11-30-2005, 04:50 PM   #4
Contractor

super flat concrete

Contact anyone who installs precision machine equipment such as engine lathes or surface grinders. They can get it level AND it will stay that way.
Teetorbilt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 06:54 AM   #5
ssc

super flat concrete

what method will they use , sanding it down or laying something on top of it.
Old 12-02-2005, 11:10 PM   #6
Contractor

super flat concrete

I have seen it done but not noticed what they use, sorry, I was too busy doing other things. I did notice that they used RedHeads to fasten the light stuff down,' ligh't being up to about 4 tons.
Teetorbilt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 10:06 AM   #7
ssc

super flat concrete

you've seen the self lever laid on top of it ,or what was it that you seen
Old 12-11-2005, 07:37 AM   #8
ssc

super flat concrete

does anyone else outthere have experience with this so called self lever. i can't find anyone who has used it. everyone i talked to heard of it but nev er used it. thanks
Old 12-11-2005, 11:19 PM   #9
World famous jerk.

super flat concrete

ssc.... if you happen to be in central PA, you need to get in touch with Ritter Brothers construction. They are the experts at flat floors. Inquire about a topping coating, well a process really, that they use called "Stonhard". It is an excellent system, used in industrial environments, and is bullet proof. It also goes on to make a dead flat floor that even the most particular person would be very happy with.

http://www.stonhard.com/index.html

Last edited by mdshunk; 12-11-2005 at 11:21 PM.
mdshunk is offline   Reply With Quote