Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Flooring

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 08-30-2010, 05:55 PM   #1

Share |

Suggestions

Currently we have our original hardwoods exposed but for whatever reason they have plywood in the doorways.
The main issue though is that there's paint and what have you on the hardwoods ( I can post an image if necessary. )

We were considering refinishing them but with the time and mess involved I'm not sure they're worth it since they're not all that great anyways.

Seems a quality bamboo is our next choice. But I'm confused about installation. With the paint and imperfections in the current flooring do we HAVE to resurface them? We have access to both tounge and groove as well as floating. Would one install with less prep work than the other?

Tia!

toyarmy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
click lock, floating, flooring, flooring advice, tounge and groove