Forums | Home Repair | Home Improvement | Painting | Interior Decorating | Remodeling | Landscaping

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Flooring

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 02-03-2013, 08:49 PM   #1

Share |

Subfloor

Hey everyone,

Am beginning work on remodeling two bedrooms into a mater with a small bathroom and walk in closet. Am in the very beginning stages and am wondering a bit about subfloor. As of right now there is carpet, several layers fake wood floor, and 1 by material used as the main subfloor.

As of right now i would like to carpet the main area and the walk in, god willing i would like to use tile of some sort in the bathroom. I have 2x8 joists 16oc for support.

Right now there are some squeaks as you walk in a few areas, but overall the wood is solid and in good shape. Should i add another layer of osb over the dimensional material already there for the whole area and use a concrete board for the floor in the bathroom over that? I would screw everything down again either way to hopefully get rid of any squeaks. What thicknesses should i be looking for ?

Appreciate your info guys! This site has been a great help!!
quackaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 09:33 PM   #2
MarginallyQualified

Subfloor

Quote:
Originally Posted by quackaddict View Post
...remodeling two bedrooms into a master with a small bathroom and walk in closet... wondering a bit about subfloor... 2x8 joists 16oc for support.
How many LF of wall will you be removing?
Quote:
Right now there are some squeaks...
What is the blocking & bridging situation?
TarheelTerp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 09:45 PM   #3

Subfloor

One wall 11 feet long will be removed and put back in place, the space is 11x20. The wall divides it by length at 9 feet, it would be put back at 7 foot. Blocking and bridging consists of small 1x3 material installed diaginally between each joist.
quackaddict is offline   Reply With Quote