Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Flooring

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 09-04-2011, 11:01 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 0
Share |

Stair treads and concrete floor

Hi all. We have been remodeling and adding a new addition since March. We have stairs and will be using unfinished oak for the treads and risers. Already have our stain picked out, but I'm wondering what I should use to poly them.

Seems like I have seen a poly made specifically for floors, should this be used? Any other suggestion?

Secondly, we are putting in our master bedroom floating hardwood for the floor. This will go over concrete. However, we have in floor heat. What kind of barrier should be used? I was told regular tar paper would be fine, but that seems just way to simple....

Thanks for the info...

Kibby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 06:02 AM   #2

Rewards Points: 0

Stair treads and concrete floor

What ever brand of floor poly you find will do. We all have our prefferances. Mine is Bona. Under the floating floor you need a 6 mil. Plastic available at your home store. Make sure and tape the seams.

Last edited by woodman58; 09-05-2011 at 06:17 PM.
woodman58 is offline   Reply With Quote