Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Flooring

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 02-02-2011, 02:03 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

stair risers meets drywall

Ok, long story short I recently bought a house with a partially finished basement. It had very old school carpet and the wife wants it gone. So, I ripped up all the carpet and then we both decided on floating laminate for the new flooring. I have installed laminate before with no problem however; I have not installed it on stairs. After reading different threads I think I understand how to do most of the installing but one thing still confuses me. The stairs are open on one side with no banister. I understand on the open side, the stair nose will be cut in such a way it hides the drywall up to the tread. However, (this is where I am confused), the laminate that covers the riser just ends. My question is, what can I do to hide the seam from laminate to drywall on the riser. I am not sure my question is clear but I hope so. Thanks in advance for the help

t__rav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 04:09 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 250

On the side that does not have drywall you can purchase a 1 x 10 board and stain it or paint it. After it dries nail the board on the side to cover highest and lowest part of the step. This is a link of what I am talking about. Just do this on one side. Then install your laminate . You won't have to cover the sides.

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...w=1003&bih=606

woodman58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 05:28 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 75

Can you post a pic of what it looks like now?
FlooringDude is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drywall, risers, stairs