SLC Between Layers Of Plywood??? - Flooring - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Flooring

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 08-31-2008, 04:06 PM   #1
Insulation/Soundproofing

Rewards Points: 10

SLC between layers of plywood???

Hi, Thanks to my good friends at the CRAP Depot, I just installed a new subfloor with two different thicknesses of plywood. Only off by about 1/16". Just enough to p*** me off! Seeing that there are a few other dips in the floor, I was planning on leveling it later. However, in my last post, I was informed that I should add a second layer of plywood. Now its time to do that. I was wondering what I could use to level the floor before I put down the second layer of ply? Can I use SLC? Will this bond to the plywoods? Maybe joint compound? Now there's a crazy idea that I just thought of! Any help would be great! Thanks!
MIKE

Advertisement

insulatorpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 04:42 PM   #2
Tileguy

Rewards Points: 2,614

OK now I am beginning to wonder about you. Also, why did you jump the track and start another thread? Now no one has any idea what the hell you are talking about now.

OH, by-the-way, no way you can do what you are suggesting here. Forget that crazy idea.

Advertisement

Bud Cline is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 05:09 PM   #3
Insulation/Soundproofing

Rewards Points: 10

Posted new thread due to switching of subject from wall to floor. I guess I could have put it under my floor post. Anyway, the floor is pretty uneven where different thickness of plywood butt up to each other. New 1/2" ply has a little movement. Can't I level it out a little bit with something that will "hold up?
insulatorpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 08:21 PM   #4
Tileguy

Rewards Points: 2,614

Yes, but on top, not in between the plywood sheets.
Bud Cline is online now   Reply With Quote