Shaw Natural Value Laminate - Flooring - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Flooring

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 05-13-2013, 12:32 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 152

Shaw Natural Value Laminate

I want to put laminate in a bedroom & cannot afford to spend a lot. I'm replacing 14 year old carpeting so almost anything will be an improvement.

I also want a product that meets California CARB phase 2 & doesn't offgas formaldehyde. The NALFA website lists the manufacturers that meet their certification (which includes CARB phase 2); Shaw is one of them.

I'm looking at this
http://shawfloors.com/laminate-floor...255-Mellow_Oak

Anyone have any nightmare stories to warn me off this product?

I've gone around to the various stores in my area & this is the best deal on anything that meets CARB phase 2 standards & in a color/style I like.
It's cheap at Great Floors. It has an AC 2 rating & holds up pretty well to being scraped with a key, although I wish it were AC 3 (but it's for a bedroom). It's a smooth laminate. I don't particularly like the laminates with bevels on the edges of the panels - all I can think of is all the dirt they're going to trap.

I was going to use the QuietWalk underlayment as that also meets NALFA certification requirements (this is going to jack up by per sq ft costs a bit).

I have laminate in an entry way & in a kitchen; both were here when I bought the house. The stuff in the entry way is probably fairly high quality; the stuff in the kitchen I think is cheaper. Both are holding up well.

Of course, I'll be investing in the little felt things to put under all the furniture to prevent scratches.

Advertisement

lazzlazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 06:46 AM   #2
Doer of Many Things

Rewards Points: 526

Shaw Natural Value Laminate

We sell a ton of this product for rental properties. We've never had any issues with it. It's a decent 7mm product. Shaw also distributes a pad called Selitac. It has very good sound dampening properties and a good price.

Advertisement

lazzlazz (05-14-2013)