DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

Self Stick Tiles ..to glue or not to glue?

12K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  fburke 
#1 ·

Does anyone recommend using glue in addition to the glue on the self stick tiles? I know most companies say this will void any warrantee but who uses that anyway?

I have a small kitchen in a rental unit that I am replacing the flooring in. it’s the second time in 5 years I have replace this floor. For some reason the previous used the back door as there main entrance and the dirt from the path way killed the floor.

Maybe I’m better off just using the tiles alone in case I have to replace later?

I can do the whole floor for about $150 I just don’t want the corners coming up I just want it to look good for a new tenant.

Thanks!

#2 ·
I would advise useing a latex primer. in the years past we would use a multipurpose glue witha flat trowel spread to set peel and stick but any more you must watch warranty issues.

The primer will offer dust free, clean application.

Latex Primer is a milky substance that will dry clear you can find it on the shelf at many floor supply shops. roll it on the floor and let it set up until dry keep the area dust free!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.